Thursday, March 4, 2010

Let's Rally!

So today was Stand Up For Schools, a statewide event to get people to take action on better funding for education. There were rallies all over CA today, mostly peaceful, but I did watch the news and saw that protesters in Oakland got way out of hand. They marched onto the freeway, clogging traffic for a couple of hours. One of the people even jumped from the freeway, and ended up in critical condition in the hospital. The others ended up arrested. I'm thinking that probably wasn't the best way for any of them to make their points. We want the voters/people to know how badly the cuts to education hurt everybody, but we don't want to turn people off by clogging the freeways and acting like idiots. I went to the rally here, in Fremont. There was a pretty good showing of people, and lots of support from passersby.
I took Quinn with me. He really got into it.
Standing on the corner of Fremont Blvd. and Mowry. This is the busiest corner in Fremont.

We walked to the ghost house and rallied there, then Quinn and I headed back to the car, with a quick stop at Starbucks for an apple chai for me and a cookie for Quinn.

No comments: