Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Disneyland-Adults Only

Kevin and I went to Disneyland. We went on our own, over President's weekend. The boys went with my mom and dad, in their RV, to Case de Fruta. Quinn was sick (really sick) the whole weekend though. Now my mom is super sick (thanks to sick kids in her class, and Quinn). Quinn is still coughing, but he's definitely more himself this week. Riley had a good time though. He didn't have to talk to anyone, or go anywhere, and that's paradise to him!
Kevin and I got to ride on the Lilly Belle. It's a caboose that Walt Disney purchased, and named it after his wife. Anyone can ride, you just have to make reservations in the morning. You can't ride without a guide, and it doesn't run in bad weather. We enjoyed it. It's been fully restored and contains some antiques, and things that belonged to Walt and his wife.
Cheshire Cat. He's my favorite part of Fantasy Land. He's hidden in a rock, outside of the Alice in Wonderland ride.
The Matterhorn is being refurbished. Scaffolding everywhere! Not very picturesque, but we find this kind of stuff very interesting. I am sure it will be ready to go in time for the summer season.
Tomorrowland. I really do NOT like the ride that is attached to this, but I sure do like this space orb thingy. The ride is like Dumbo, but it freaks me out. The space shuttles seem too short on the side and I worry I will fall out.
Cute owl with the castle in the background.
CHECK IT OUT! Construction is almost complete on Carsland! This is going to be so COOL. We just can't WAIT until it opens. This is the backdrop to a ride, which if you have ever been to Epcot at Disney World, is a lot like Test Track. We are super excited. I believe they have an opening date of June 15!!
Tower of Terror. I really like this ride. It makes me feel scared every time I ride, but it's so much fun. It bounces...and bounces...and bounces...and drops. So fun.
Kevin is playing the part of your favorite Disney Pal. Mickey is pointing at him.

California Screamin'. This ride is the BEST roller coaster. It is so much fun. We can't get either boy to ride it. We are hoping they (or one) will ride it when we go in April. I think we have a much better chance of getting Quinn on it than Riley.

Kevin and I had a good time. The parks were super crowded. We hadn't been to Disneyland when the crowds were that big, in quite some time. It was crazy crowded and even the Fastpass lines were long. We did what we wanted to though, and survived. My only request is that Toy Story gets a Fastpass one of these days! They have one for it in Florida. I could ride that ride all day long.

No comments: