Friday, November 14, 2008

My PMC class projects

My friend, Sheri, and I took a PMC class last Saturday. PMC is precious metal clay. It's clay with real silver in it. You basically use it like you would polymer clay, but it has to be fired. Once fired, it's an actual metal piece! It's really cool, and now I have to get a blow torch! Fun fun fun! The class was all day, 9am-6pm in Oakland. It was part of BABE, a really cool bead show.

Here are some of the charms I made. One of them (the one on the top left) didn't turn out real well-it was the first piece I fired and I was too close, so the flowers on top sort of melted. It happens. I'm happy with the other two charms though. I have 2 other pieces that the instructor is kiln firing for me. I'll post those once I get them back.

I'm addicted. Must have silver clay.

Oh, and you will be happy to know (or maybe not, depending on where you live) that it was close to 80 freakin' degrees today!

1 comment:

mesogoofy2 said...

very cool jewelry Julie! =0)