Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kahlo and Chihuly aka our day of art culture

My mom, my new friend Cathy and I went into the city to see the Frida Kahlo exhibit at SF MOMA, and the Chihuly exhibit at the deYoung Museum. I have posted pictures from the Chihuly exhibit. The Frida Kahlo exhibit was a little dark. She was not a happy person. Some of her work is kinda graphic, and it was way too crowded to try and get any pictures. It was interesting to read about her life and see her art, and about her relationship with Diego Rivera. I'm glad I went, but I'm glad we went to that one first, and then ended with Chihuly. His work is blown glass and it is incredible! I wish I had some of these following pieces in my house!!

"Boats" is the name of this piece. These balls are in a boat, like the following picture.

Another "boat."

Mille Fiori

This big piece is at the end of the Mille Fiori.

Persian Ceiling

These glass sculptures are so impressive. After the museums, we headed to Ghirardelli Square. I wanted to pick up some things for a swap I am doing. Those pictures are on the next post.

No comments: