Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Scouting I will go...

I spent my Saturday learning about the Boy Scouts of America. I'm going to be the Tiger Cub den leader for Quinn's den. I had my first meeting on Wednesday. It went well. Today, I officially got trained.

Here I am, ready to listen and learn-oh, can you see my new glasses?

To prepare me for my meetings, a neighbor and friend, gave me all of these magazines. She was a den leader when her sons were scouts. These magazines are vintage, from 1972 (I have the entire years worth), 1973, 1974 and 1975!! I LOVE them!

This one is my favorite cover. Look at how cute those little guys are!!

This little magazine (it's about 5"x7") is FULL of crafts, and even little skits. How cute is this Eskimo sock doll? So much fun!! I'm sure I'll use them for more than just scouts. Oh, and I did a google search and the magazine is still available! Check this out!

No comments: