Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Santa Cruz and Monterey

Kevin, the boys and I met up with some friends in Santa Cruz on Sunday. We met at the Boardwalk for a day of rides, interesting food, and lots of fun.
"At the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, in the warm California sun!" Well, it really wasn't all that warm, and the sun didn't even come out until around 2 pm.
Quinn, getting ready to ride the bouncy ride.
I usually hate these bucket rides. They freak me out. This one freaked me out, but I rode it anyway. You can't beat the view.
The boys loved this spinning Starfish ride.
Ah, the sun finally came out, and the beach was packed!

To see the rest of our Santa Cruz pictures, click HERE.

Yesterday, I took the boys to Monterey for the day. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, walked down Cannery Row, and perused an antique mall. We also had frozen yogurt, for LUNCH.
This sea dragon is really really cool. I am going to order some of these prints, to use at school, for one of our reading stories.
The boys and some fish.
Seals sleeping on rocks.
This is overlooking the tide pool area, just outside of the aquarium doors. People can pay to swim around with fishes and look for starfish and other sea life.

Monterey Bay. So pretty. The sun came out a little earlier yesterday, then it did on Sunday.

So we have had a fun past few days! We stopped at the Giant Artichoke in Castroville on the way home, and I bought artichokes. 5 for $1.00!!

To see the rest of our Monterey pictures, click HERE.

No comments: