Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Redecorating (sort of)

A couple of months ago, we got a new cabinet for our TV in the living room.  I like it much better, and it has more storage.  The wall that the TV is on, is rather big and I was at a standstill about art for it.  The old entertainment center was taller, which cut the wall in a weird way.  This one is shorter, so I had more space.  What to do?  What to do? I saw a Michael's add in a magazine, and it inspired the following.
I wrapped 12x12 canvas squares in material.  The walls are a light green, which doesn't really photograph very well.  I like the way it looks with the black and white against it.
There's the new cabinet.  Our old TV looks a little lame, but we plan on upgrading to a flat screen down the line. 
View from the fireplace side.

Here's the rest of the fireplace.  I'm really pleased with the black accents.

No comments: