Sunday, May 8, 2011

Puzzles, Craft Night and Mother's Day

It's been a busy couple of days. Quinn had baseball practice for 2 hours and 45 minutes on Thursday, and then Friday I was prepping for my Crafty Night. Saturday Quinn had a baseball game (I am looking forward to baseball season ending this year, it's been very stressful and not at all fun). My Crafty Night was Saturday night, and then Mother's Day today! Here are some pictures...
My Mother's Day gifts. I got a wireless mouse and a Mickey Mouse-I guess the theme was mice.
The card the boys gave me had this coupon inside. It's good for ALL of us to go have Indian food for dinner. Riley is willing to try it. Quinn, not so much.
This is how Maya spent her Mother's Day. What a life!
These are the projects we did for Crafty Night: we made paper bead bracelets, button bracelets, a brooch, two pendants (one glass and the other a stamped bead), and yarn art-I did that project with my students. I got it from HERE.
I finished my 2,000 piece puzzle of St. Basil's Cathedral. The sky was a big pain in the butt as the shades of blue were so close in color. I worked on this a lot during the week because I wanted it finished before Crafty Night. I didn't want to have to take it apart before it was finished, or lose any pieces if I chose to leave it unfinished. I finished it Friday night. I took it apart this evening.

Tonight I started a new puzzle. I can do a lot of thinking while doing puzzles. It seems I have a lot of thinking to do these days. I can't wait for summer. I need a lot less drama in my life.

I am gearing up for our state tests at school. It's my least favorite time of the year. I really feel 2nd graders have no business taking standardized tests, but legislatures see otherwise. We have mostly worked on the bubbling of answers. They really can't bubble. Taking their time and bubbling in the answers correctly is not high on their priority list. It's a huge struggle. We have practiced a lot, so we'll see how it goes. I told them they were "Elite Bubblers," and their bubbles should reflect that title. Otherwise, they are prepared for the tests. We have two weeks of testing to get through. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

No comments: