Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Day in the City

The boys and I headed off for an adventure today. We went into San Francisco: through Chinatown, and into North Beach, with stops along the way. It was a beautiful, warm day in the city. We took our sweatshirts, but we all ended up carrying them. I even got a sunburn!!
Heading into the tunnel to Chinatown.
We walked through Chinatown, stopping to check things out along the way. We stopped at a pet store there, and looked at some really really big fish, and talked to a bird. I have a video of Quinn asking the bird questions. I'll post that. Chinatown led us into North Beach. We stopped in Washington Square, and had a great view of Coit Tower on the way.
We went to a store in North Beach, called Double Punch. They specialize in Japanese toys. The boys purchased some treasures. This was the view from across the street. Beautiful day on the bay!
We walked all the way down Columbus Ave, into downtown, after we visited Double Punch. We passed this building. It was featured in the movie, Interview With a Vampire. I love the look of it. That's the Transamerica Pyramid behind it.
Transamerica Pyramid. I think this is my favorite building in SF. You can't go to the top though. It's not a public building.
This is the view from under the structure of the Transamerica Pyramid. Cool huh?
These hearts are all over the city, and each one is different. This one is in a lobby of a business, just outside of a Starbucks.

We went into a cool toy store (Jeffrey's Toys), on Market Street. Quinn got a wooden sword. He just loves his swords. I love this picture. He looks determined. I told him he was not allowed to stab anyone.

It was a very nice day! To see the rest of my pictures, click HERE.

No comments: