Friday, June 24, 2011

Our Nation's Capitol

We are in Washington DC! We arrived this evening. The weather here was perfect when we landed-not a trace of humidity! We are hoping that will last...HA! We flew Virgin America, and I will definitely fly with them again! What a nice airline! We had a good flight, and I am feeling better. Maybe I didn't mention that I have been sick with food poisoning from bad blueberries? It was horrible! I don't think I have ever felt worse in my life. I was really worried about the flight, being stuck on an airplane for 5 hours. It was fine though. I haven't been eating, just liquids, but when we got to the hotel, and went out for dinner, I had part of a turkey burger, and so far, so good. TMI?
ANYway, Quinn packed his coonskin hat for the trip.
Cute little critter huh?
Look at the flag painted at the end of the plane's wing.
Two boys, happy to be on their way to DC!

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States of America!
We are staying at a Hampton Inn near Chinatown. We walked down there for dinner (Fuddruckers). I love the mix of old buildings and new buildings.
Oh yeah, and this is the view from our hotel room! Can you see the point of the Washington Monument?

The heart of Chinatown. Impressive huh?

I think that I am going to get to bed. We are on West Coast time on the East Coast, and we have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow!

Oh yeah, and did I mention that there are 11 of us on this trip? It's Kevin's parents anniversary, and they were kind enough to bring us, and his sister and her family, and themselves, along to help them celebrate!

No comments: