Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thrifting and Popsicles

The second day of summer has been a success (well except that the Giants lost tonight). We got to sleep in just a little today, because Riley had piano lessons at 10:00 am. After the piano lesson, I went out to the thrift store.
Success! I got a few of these things the other day, when I had to buy sheets to cover stuff up at school. I went back today, because I wanted the third little vase with birds at the base-the biggest of the three-see next picture. I also got that big candelabra today, for $2!! I have plans for that!
These three are my favorite purchases. Aren't they cute? I think I am collecting this type of etched glass-although I believe these pieces are lead crystal. They are so sweet with the little birds at the bottom.
My Zoku machine was ready to use today. It was semi successful. I think it takes practice. I made three, and was only able to successfully remove one of them. I will continue to practice.

Quinn was all about trying the cookie dough popsicle. Riley got to enjoy pieces of one-he didn't like it. Quinn DID like it though.

Yummy!

We also made a trip to Target today!! Yay for summer!

No comments: