Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blast from the Past

On Sunday night, when Kevin and I ditched the boys with my parents, my mom gave me a GIANT stack of schoolwork that I had done. The pile contained things from preschool all the way to high school. It was really funny to see my kid writing and kid thoughts.
I wanted to be a teacher from a very young age. This is a report I did in 4th grade. I got an "A" and in the back, the teacher wrote that she thought I would make an "excellent teacher." 
Oooo, oooo, oooo! My Horshack folder!!! I loved this folder. The dog next to it is a batik on canvas. I made it in art in junior high school. Wax and dye, the whole nine yards! I drew the dog all by myself too.
This is preschool art. I made them in Japan where I went to preschool. 
My kindergarten journal. I see some of the way Quinn draws in some of my drawings. Isn't that weird? The eyes mostly.

What's up with this? Yes, it says, "Mostly well done." MOSTLY well done??? What kind of comment is that? I don't know what grade this is from, looks primary, like 2nd grade, but the standards have changed so much, it's hard to say. Could be 4th! Ha ha ha ha. Sorry. Teacher joke.

Word for the day: American Idol. Ok, that's 2, but yeah for American Idol! Tonight's the last night of try outs. 

No comments: