Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cotton Time

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered these...
Cotton Time magazine is a Japanese craft magazine. It's beautiful! I had been wanting one for some time, and when I discovered a shop on etsy that had 2 of them, and different ones too!  I bought them. 
There are small books within the magazines, and pull out patterns, and one came with a 2009 calendar! All of the directions are in Japanese, but what the Japanese do really well are picture directions. I can't read a word of it, but I can understand enough from the pictures!

See? There are pictures for just about every step! I can't wait to make something. Also, the magazines are pretty big, and they are pretty thick-printed on nice, thick paper. AND they open backwards! I know it's backwards to me. I'm smart enough to know that the Japanese read from right to left. I is a teacher after all! That was a joke. Get it?

Word for the day: Starbucks. I tried their apple chai today. Oh...my...warm...goodness!

1 comment:

Gramma Bonnie said...

Hey Julie..hate to burst your tea bubble..but the new tea drinks are loaded with calories..I will be getting the short version....even at that, it is still over 2 points per drink and in some cases more than 4 points for the tall or grande..I visited the web site tonight...but I am anxious to try them...Mom