Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Monterey Bay Aquarium

My mother in law and I took the boys to Monterey today. We were up and out of the house EARLY-I'm calling it a dry run for getting back to school. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was a little chilly when we got there, but the fog burned off and it warmed up-for maybe an hour. If you have not been to this aquarium, it is well worth the trip! It really is awesome. I am posting 5 pictures today, and I'll post 5 more tomorrow.

The aquarium has this great otter exhibit. These little creatures are so darn cute! Quinn wants to put a river in the backyard and then fill it with otters. It really could improve our backyard. Hmmm. I'm thinking.

My favorite display is the Jellies. They have an amazing collection of all sorts of jellyfish. It's dark and they are backlit-so pretty to look at.

Can you see how graceful they look?

Watch out Nemo! Those are some serious jellies!

This guy is not a jellyfish. He's a sea dragon (a leafy sea dragon, not to be confused with the weedy sea dragon.) Cool huh?

After the aquarium, we had a yummy lunch. I had clam chowder (of course), but don't worry I didn't eat any clams from the aquarium-come to think of it, I didn't see any clams there-Gasp...OH NO!!

I finished my evening out with a trip to the movies-I saw Mamma Mia (yes, I have seen it 3 times!! LOVE it!!)

No comments: