Sunday, November 7, 2010

Weekend Stuff

It was a very nice weekend around here. We had no set plans at all, and it was nice.
I got our living room clean from top to bottom. All Halloween items are put away, ready for next year. I kept out only faceless pumpkins for Thanksgiving.
The kitchen is clean too, and the counters are dusted and wiped clean. I am still working on our desk area, and the island contains bracelet makings right now.
We headed to the Valley Fair Mall last night for dinner and a trip to the Apple store.
I applied these sticky decals to the hallway wall. I like the way they look, now if only they will stay stuck.

I did some planning for school-5 weeks of planning. I have a student going on an independent study, in two weeks. I had to plan what he will miss during those two weeks. In order to do that, I had to plan the two weeks prior. I planned for 5, because his last week of I.S is the week that I am out on vacation, so I planned the week after I get back-to make it easier on me. It's all planned. Tomorrow I will start the copying, and then I get to figure out where I am going to store all of that paperwork. I can't just copy for him-waste of time. If I am going to do it, I may as well do it all. I am not a fan of independent studies. It's a huge amount of work, and if the work does not come back on the day the student returns, NONE of it counts. At least it's only 10 days. Our district used to do 20 days! It was a nightmare.

We also made it to the movies this weekend to see Megamind-it was ok. We stopped and dropped off the Scout popcorn my in-laws ordered, and we all went out to dinner. Oh and it rained a ton today. It was a nice weekend. This is a very school week-three days! We get Thursday off for Veteran's Day, and Friday off because the district furloughed us. Oh well, I am looking forward to 4 days off, and Quinn's soccer tournament this weekend.

No comments: