Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Love A Parade!

Well, the Giants have done it! They have won the World Series. I think there were a lot of people who thought it wouldn't happen, but these guys really pulled it together. The playoffs and the World Series games were some of the most exciting games ever. I am already looking forward to next season. Today was the celebration parade for the Giants, and I really really wanted to go, so I did! It was so worth the planning I had to do for a substitute.
Even Macy's got into the action! They had another sign on the side of the Men's Macy's.
Britex Fabrics got into Giants Fever as well, with an orange and black window display.
There were LOTS and LOTS of Giants fans. LOTS.
Balloons! This is the first turn on the parade route, from where the parade started.
I stood on Market Street and watched the parade. It was AWESOME! I can't believe the amount of people that skipped work, and school, to attend. It was very peaceful too. Everyone was really happy.
11:00 am, time for the parade to start!
One of the first floats with the Fist Bump guys on it, and Kettle Corn. (?)
Look! I got a picture of Cody Ross! I held my camera up high and took a picture. I got totally lucky! It's a little blurry, but you can tell who it is!
Ticker tape galore. This was being dropped even before the parade started.

Aubrey Huff's ride, which he shared with Pat Burrell-that's Pat the Bat, not Huff.

It was totally fun, but I am super tired now. I was on my feet for over 4 hours, and I had to maneuver thousands of people to get there and back, on public transportation. I am so glad I did it that way, instead of driving. Back to reality tomorrow though.

If you want to see the rest of my pictures, CLICK HERE.

No comments: