Thursday, March 17, 2011

The White House and Organization

I feel like my poor blog is suffering. I think my posts have not been that exciting. I haven't crafted anything in forever-maybe this weekend. I am laying low. We have a late baseball game for Quinn on Saturday, but I am not doing anything else. Life has been very interesting lately, and not so much in a good way. Frustration has been the word of the last few months. We are still working diligently on getting things figured out for Riley-it's proving quite difficult. Things at the Jr. High level are WAY different than what we (teachers) do at the elementary level, in terms of helping kids. I have learned that my district is just not equipped to handle intelligent, high functioning autistic kids. There's really no services for them. It's very annoying. We were able to get a few (and literally it's a FEW) accommodations for Riley. I guess I should be happy with that, but kinda, I'm not. I am considering a private blog, about my "adventures" in dealing with this. Any feedback about that?
Riley built his White House (he's ready for our extended family summer trip to DC). Of course, Mr. President needed to be by his house.
I have reorganized Riley's school backpack this week. I bought a dry erase calendar so that he could put down due dates of projects, papers and assignments, and keep track of outside activities.
New folders, all labeled outside...
...and inside.

A nice tidy backpack!

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday tomorrow!

1 comment:

6 Girls' Mom said...

Hi Julie,
I don't comment often, but I do read your blog regularly, and I'm so sorry about all the hoops and hurdles your jumping these days. You are strong, as is your family, and you will all be able to figure out what's best for Riley. For now, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!