Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dirty Car, Clean Car

So don't be grossed out by the following picture. You have to keep in mind that I was gone for three and a half weeks, and my car sat in the driveway, all by its lonely self. It was already semi dirty, before we left, but after sitting that long, it was just disgusting. I even had a spider web on my side mirror. I should have charged that spider rent!
Isn't that horrible? I am a bad car owner. Look at the filth. So embarassing. The boys and I went to our local car wash today. The boys love this car wash because they have koi and turtles, a few birds, and they can squirt or "wash" cars as they go by on the car wash line. They do a pretty good job too. In fact, the guy detailing it, really scrubbed all of the caked-on bugs off of the front of my car.

Much, much better! Look at how shiny and happy it looks! So pretty. It smells good too-pina colada air freshener. Even the tires are clean!
This is one of the other serving pieces I made. The plate is jadite, and the base is some sort of dessert cup.

What do you think of this one as a two tiered serving piece? It's not glued together, just in case. I quite like it like this, but I don't think I'll sell it this way. Too expensive to ship, and too much to worry about breaking. These plates are blue bubble. You can just see a hint of blue.

Word of the Day: Clean. My car is clean, and my house is clean, and my last batch of buttons is clean. I got the rest of my piles sorted. I love a clean house, but don't look at the boys' rooms. I am not in charge of those. Next on my list, a housekeeper. I am feeling like I could use one, especially with school starting. I hate to clean the floors and the bathrooms.

Don't forget to vote in my poll. Girlie needs a name.

No comments: