Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Today started with the threat of thunderstorms, but they didn't materialize until the evening. When the storm showed up, it did not disappoint. Thunder, lightening, pouring rain. Awesome.



We went into town to some antique shops. It's what we love to do when we are here. I got some things for some projects. Pictures to follow, as I am Internet deprived here. Big sigh. Oh, this is a picture of Shelbyville, KY-downtown.



This is the original tin ceiling, of a building downtown. It's now an antique shop. Is that ceiling cool or what?



These horses are all over Kentucky. This one is outside O'Charley's, where we had dinner tonight. It's a restaurant we don't have at home, but is really good. Can you name that famous fighter painted on the horse? See him?



Look at that dark, dark sky! The storm was just rolling in. We made it back to the house, just before the sky opened up!

Word of the Day: Bites. I have 9 bug bites on my legs, and one on my arm, from last night. I HATE the mosquitoes here! They must have come out early to bite me, because I did spray myself with bug spray. The boys don't have one bite! I apparently am dessert!

No comments: