Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oklahoma!

Well, well, well, looky here! I am typing away on my trusty computer! Oh how I have missed it's convenient, easy goodness. We are at an awesome RV park in Durant, OK. It's brand new. It has a really nice pool, full RV hookups, cable tv, a play structure, awesome bathrooms (from what I understand), a laundry room, a game room, and FREE INTERNET! Yay! We stopped here, early today, as we visited a friend of my dad's, from the navy. I like these here parts of Oklahoma! It's very green, and very pretty.
Sunrise in Mount Calm, TX, right before we left this morning. Isn't it pretty? Don't let this picture fool you, it was hotter than blazes at 7 am! We had a lot of fun in Texas, but we were all ready to leave the heat behind. I have never slept so poorly, or have been more miserable at night, in my life. It was HOT! We had the air going in the RV, but we couldn't have it at full blast, as we were plugged into my aunt and uncle's house, so it was rather uncomfortable sleeping at night. It also didn't help that my brother, his girlfriend and the boys all slept in the RV last night, so we could leave early, and my brother has a habit of getting up in the middle of the night, to eat. He woke me up every night. Last night it was at 3:40 am, and I was up for the day. Nice huh?
Riley enjoyed the pool. He's been working on his swimming strokes, and he's doing really well with them. It was a really nice pool.
Quinn, thinking how nice the pool is. It wasn't heated, but when it's 90 degrees plus outside, and humid, it was nice and refreshing.
We went to my dad's friend's house (Mike). He and his wife and their two older kids, fixed us a good dinner. The boys jumped like crazy on their trampoline. They were both so sweaty. It was hot and humid, but not as bad as it was in Texas.

Mike took both boys out for a ride on the ATV. This particular boy is Riley, with Mike. Quinn took a ride two times, and even drove a little. Mike said he liked to go fast. Guess what Quinn wants for Christmas?

Word of the Day: Dog. At Mike's house, not only did Quinn love the trampoline, and the ATV, but he also fell in love with their dog, Peanut. She's a golden lab, and a drug sniffing dog. She is the sweetest dog. So loving. She's pretty big, but she managed to sit on my lap, and my mom's. Quinn followed her around, and she was so gentle with him. It was very sweet. I see a dog, probably a shelter dog, in our future.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I am having fun following your vacation!

look up-
www.smileydogrescue.org

It is where we got Summer, and they were really great about finding the right dog for us. You can look at pictures of dogs for adoption on their site! :)