Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's Official!

Well, it's official!



Riley is a 7th grader! He has the ID to prove it! He had orientation this morning, from 8-12. I dropped him off, and he looked so small to me. I got a little misty, but Starbucks helped, and a visit with one of my favorite parents from my sweet class last school year, also helped to perk me up. I picked him up right around 12 and we went to lunch. After lunch we headed back to the school for MAZE DAY. That was crazy. We didn't take long enough to eat, so we had to stand in some big lines. The lines to get a card for pictures, and then take the pictures, were confusing, and looooooong. The schedule line was super long too. It took us about an hour to get through all 9 stations. I paid for all kinds of things. In the end though, he's all set! He has his schedule-two honors classes (pre algebra and science), his first choice elective (arts and crafts-yeah, he's my kid), World History (doesn't that sound fun?), English, and PE last period, which works out well. All of his classes are pretty close together, so he should NEVER be late. NEVER. This, of course, would never occur to Riley as he is a devout rule follower. We found all of his classes, the nearest water fountains and bathrooms. He's pretty excited, and I never thought I would say this, but I am too! I was super nervous about this Jr. High, but it's going to be fine. He met some nice kids today-and a super cute GIRL. He even met some kids from my school (my school also feeds into this Jr. High), including one of my former students. Excitement is all around!

Friday we find out who will be Quinn's teacher. Talk about someone who is excited for school to start-oh man! That boy can't wait. "How many days mom?" "How many days mom?" "How many days mom?"

No comments: