Saturday, August 28, 2010

Scout BBQ

Sorry for not posting yesterday. The day wasn't all that exciting. I spent the entire day at school, getting my classroom together, feeling annoyed that the new desks I got are too tall, and now I have to track down a custodian to lower them. I'm also missing two of my regular desks, which annoys me to no end-they've replaced them with smaller (but taller) desks. In addition, I don't have any idea who is in my class, and I have been cleaning up sunflower seed shells from the "cleaning" crew. Gross. It amazes me that they could clean and spit their shells at the same time! Really gross. It's super dusty in my room too-had to double up the allergy meds just so that I could dust it. In addition, I also had to move all of my furniture around since the furniture/cleaning crew couldn't follow a map. Needless to say, this school year is not starting off on a good foot for me-there are other issues as well. I did go up to school last night, in the dark, with a flashlight, so that I could get a look at my class. I don't know a single name. That could be good, or that could be bad. It's a wait and see kind of thing. I seriously need to improve my attitude. The cards are stacked against me though. Anyway...so I cleaned yesterday and the boys were home, working on their Lego structures, and playing soccer in the backyard. Anyway, that was yesterday, on to today...
We had a Cub Scout end of summer BBQ today, at the local park. There was soccer playing...
Posing for pictures...

Bike riding...Yes, we realize Riley is too big for his bike. Guess what Santa will bring him this year...
More bike riding from the "rebel"-what kind of face is that? He's just about too big for his bike too, but he's too small for Riley's. A little longer, and he'll be able to ride it comfortably-no bike from Santa for him. The joys of being the second brother.
The boys played a couple of games. This one was like Hot Potato. They had to pass the ice, and when the music stopped, the one holding it was out. Look at the pure joy on Quinn's face.
Then of course there was this game...donuts hanging from string. I have no idea what you would call this game.

The object was to eat your donut off the string, without using your hands. The boys all had powdered sugar all over their faces, but they love this game. Oh, and Kevin would want you to know that when the adults got their turn, he came out the winner. I am very proud. I didn't think they'd be able to play this game, since it was so freakin' windy today.

What is it about a day at the park? We came home, and I couldn't move off of the couch. I napped for a little while, in between answering questions, and letting the dog in/out.

We are headed to Great America tomorrow-a last summer trip.

No comments: