Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Had A Birthday!

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday. It was my birthday. 43. I thought I was going to be 42, but I did the math, and nope, 43. Well shoot. Anyway, I worked, then went to a math training, then went to dinner, then came home and slept for 4 hours on the couch before going to bed. Yeah, 43.
I started this new puzzle, a Christmas gift, the other day. I love puzzles. I especially like the shape of this one, and the fact that it's of Seattle. I like Seattle.
I finished it today. I came home from a rotten day at school, needing to relax, so I finished the puzzle, neglecting the papers I needed to correct (and STILL need to correct). I just am not getting through to this group of kids. It's very frustrating. I haven't connected with them like I normally do. I can't teach like I am used to, so I have to go about it differently. It's driving me nuts. I am looking forward to the end of this school year. I do have good kids, but the 8+ challenging ones wreck it for the rest of us. I try to focus on those that want to learn, want to be there, but those 8+ make it impossible. I had a full house today too, all 28. That has not happened all year, literally, not at all. I always have between 2 and 5 out for various reasons. I didn't know what to do with myself because I didn't have to get work together for absent kids. Anyway, I digress...
Riley and I went to Target last night and picked up this puzzle. I opened it up tonight, and sorted the edge pieces.
I ordered these buttons from Tessa Ann off Etsy. She even sent me some free buttons!!! Aren't they cute? I couldn't wait to put them to good use...

So I made this set into a bracelet! I am going to make the other three into a bracelet too, but I need to find some buttons that coordinate. I'm sure I have something in my button stash.

Remember to check in with my husband's Song A Day History of Rock. There's a button on my side bar.

No comments: