Thursday, December 23, 2010

Around the House Today

I did a ton of baking today, for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I also finally wrapped all of the rest of the presents. Tomorrow I need to make deviled eggs, have the boys decorate cookies, and clean the house. Then we will be all set for Santa's arrival, and Christmas dinner!
I bought this box kit for these snowglobe cookies. The dough was kind of a pain in the butt to deal with-it was too wet and sticky, so I had to add lots of flour. The kit comes with everything you need to make the cookies. I just had to add butter and one egg, and powdered sugar and water for the icing tomorrow. It has these edible paints in them so the boys can paint scenes inside the globes.
I made peanut butter fudge-recipe HERE. It's a big hit with Quinn. He LOVED it. He requested chocolate too, but my dad is making some chocolate.
I also made sugar cookies. I am going to try a recipe for a glaze icing-recipe HERE, to decorate these. The boys can decorate them, using the glaze and sprinkles.
It was so busy around here, Riley was on his own to cook his dinner.

I ordered something for Quinn, for his stocking, and I added this guy to my order. Isn't it so sweet? It was made by All About Kendra. I love it!

A pretty productive day in all. Three fourths of us didn't even get dressed or leave the house. Don't you love days like that?

No comments: