Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Shopping in the City

What a fun...and interesting day! It started with a shopping trip in San Francisco with my BFF. First I had to set my alarm (I know, gasp). We drove in and parked where I always like to park-big garage behind Bloomindales. It was a little rainy when we first got there, but it didn't last long. We browsed around Westfield Mall-Nordstrom Centre, then headed outside, toward Union Square.
We had lunch at the Burger Bar inside of Macy's, on the 6th floor. It was yummy. I had a veggie burger with avocado slices and sweet potato fries. Oh and a yummy cocktail called the Riviera. This was our view-we had a table right by the window.
There were, eventually, people ice skating, but it took a long time to prep the ice out there. We enjoyed watching the endless stream of cars entering the big parking garage that's under that ice rink area. Lots of cars going in, but not as many coming out. It was also fun to watch the sight seeing tour buses go by-especially the open air buses-those people looked COLD. You can hop on and hop off. Really cool if you ever plan to visit SF. They have a Duck ride that is lots of fun too.
You can just see my purse there, on the ledge. Obviously, that's the street way down there, and Macy's big Christmas tree.
These are boots. No, I didn't buy them. I had to try them on though. Horrible aren't they? This fur thing is stylish now-I could have had a matching vest or even an entire jacket made out of what I hope is fake fur. Alas, I left them in the store.
While in the Holiday Lane section of Macy's, I found these Paper Jamz guitars. They had a ton of them, and they were on sale for...ready?....$7.50!!!! I could not pass up such a bargain. They regularly sell for $24! I thought the boys would like them, and they do! These things are pretty darn cool. You can play along with programmed songs, or you can free play. There are even directions for playing real cords! If you go to YouTube, and google Paper Jamz, there are many videos, including one with a singer from some band. He introduces his real guitars, and then the Paper Jamz. The boys really like them. Best $16.43 (9.5% sales tax in SF) I ever spent!!

Maya getting treated after a skunk spraying, yep, a skunk spraying. So after a day of shopping, and then a movie for Kevin and I (How Do You Know? with Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd), we came home to guitar playing boys and a happy dog. We no sooner let the dog out to potty, when I smelled skunk. I opened the door and Maya came running. She ran circles in the kitchen, blinking. She had been sprayed, in the face, by a skunk. Kevin quickly got her to the bathroom while I googled what to do. While he tended her, I went to the store to get the fixings for a cure: baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and dish soap. My friend called and offered me some special skunk stuff to help eliminate the odor, so I ran by and got that too. Oh how it stinks in this house. The whole ordeal took about two hours! We still have a stinky house, and the boys were a bit freaked. Let's hope dear doggie stays away from stinky skunks. I'm not holding my breath, but I am holding my nose. Tomorrow, a visit to the groomers, and to purchase some skunk stuff of our own.

No comments: