Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blue

Remember the project I posted over the weekend? Blue things on newspapers in my front yard? I finally finished painting everything, and I assembled the things I had planned to assemble.
The tall one on the left is a brass candle stick. On the right is a wooden candle stick which I painted and then glued a jar to the top. I embellished the lid of the jar with more wood pieces, which I also spray painted. The two tealight holders are chess pieces on the bottom (Queens), with wooden cup-like pieces on top. Finally, I spray painted two brass birds that I got at the thrift store.
Here's a closer look at the jar thingy I made, and the birds.

Closer still of the birds. The bird on the left is missing that crest piece on it's head, but I still like the way they turned out.


No comments: