Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's Really Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

I am stuffed. I'm never eating again. Seriously. Back on my diet tomorrow morning. I have no idea what to do with my leftovers from my HUGE turkey dinner tonight. I made the turkey today-you know, the ornery one from yesterday. He was yummy. I made stuffing. I made cranberries (they were terrible. Never substitute real maple syrup with pancake syrup). I made sweet potatoes (OMG, soooo yummy). My mom made mashed potatoes (OMG, yum). See why I am never eating again? We had all that, and more, on Thanksgiving! I'm rolling to school on Monday.
I got all of my Christmas decorations up, except for the tree. I plan on doing the tree either tomorrow night, or later this week. I love this corner of my fireplace mantel. I love my church. It's from Southern Living. It's there all year, except when my pumpkins are there.
The advent calendar is ready to go. Behind the little doors is a tiny, silver Christmas ball ornament, for the little tree. We put one ball on each day, and the last day has the tree topper, a star. This year, I also filled the little doors with some little toy treats for the boys. Riley is odd numbers, and Quinn is even.

I love these guys! I made them last year. I kept them out all year. I just love my Christmas stuff. I'm always happy to put it out, and once Christmas is over, I'm always happy to put it away. Do you feel that way too? It's like I love to decorate, but then it's great to get back to the normal stuff.

Word of the Day: Busy. I spent all day preparing for dinner tonight, and not much was eaten. Too many leftovers. Anyone wanna come to dinner? I was so busy, I didn't get to redesign my blog. My friend, Valerie, made me a new blog banner, and it is sooooo stinkin' cute! Wait until you see it. I'll play around with it tomorrow.

No comments: