Thursday, November 12, 2009

Owls

While yesterday was awesome, getting to stay home all day, catching up on stuff, I paid for it today. It felt like Monday almost all day long, and the kids were pretty chatty. Very strange. Tomorrow we have an early release day-end of the first trimester. I'm happy for it, but I wish it was NEXT Friday, instead of tomorrow. Next Friday is the day before the Thanksgiving break. We will be headed toward the LA area, but that's a subject for a different post. Anyway, once I figured out today was Thursday, and not Monday, things were fine. Back to business as usual.
My students made these owls this week. They turned out so cute. I do art every week. I think its very important for the kids to have time to be creative. They love it too, and look at that creativity!

Here's a close up. Isn't it so sweet? The kids did a great job on them! They look so festive, hanging on our wall.

Word of the Day: Read. Quinn is reading everything under the sun these days. He loves it. I love that he loves it. He sees his brother reading (ALL. THE. TIME), and he wants to be just like him (cute huh?), and he sees me reading-well in the summer he sees a lot more of it. I can't complain. Riley probably could, but I really can't. Reading is the key to everything.

No comments: