Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bicycle Rodeo

Both boys had scouting events today. Riley's was first. He spent three hours working on badges for Boy Scouts. Quinn had his bicycle rodeo. It was held at my school, which was nice for me, because I got to spend a little time working in my classroom.
Off to rodeo!
There was a little town set up with buildings, cars, street signs, etc. The guys running the rodeo walked the kids through the course, showing them that they had to obey the laws of the road. Helmets, stopping at stop signs, looking both ways, etc. They also did a little presentation on bicycle safety. These were the same guys that did our school assembly on Thursday.
Quinn taking a rest, listening to how to be safe on his bike.
On the track!

Finishing off the day with some monkey bar fun.

The boys spent the night at my parents' tonight. Kevin and I had a date. We went to dinner, at Chef Chu's in Los Altos, and then we had frozen yogurt in downtown Palo Alto. We were going to see a movie, but decided just to go home and watch the Olympics. We are like Dorothy I guess...there's no place like home.

No comments: