Saturday, February 27, 2010

Soup and King Tut

We ended up out and about for most of the day. We had to go to Sports Authority for the rest of Quinn's baseball uniform. After that, we headed to REI and Any Mountain for Riley's snow camping gear-he's snow camping next weekend. That stuff is expensive! Who knew waterproof gloves were so hard to find, and so difficult for one boy to get onto his hands, and so expensive? Who knew that one could pay $9.50 for merona wool socks? Sheesh. After those fun places (not), we went to Valley Fair. I so love that mall. What I don't love though is all of the people. It's always so crowded. We were going to have our dinner in the food court-they have an awesome food court, but it was so crowded up there, and so damn HOT, and noisy, we opted for California Pizza Kitchen instead. It's also in the mall. Oh and Macy's was having a one day, AWESOME, sale, which benefitted me greatly.
This is my favorite meal at California Pizza Kitchen. It's called "two in a bowl," and it's two soups-you get to choose them-in the same bowl. The green is asparagus, and the orange is tortilla soup. Yummy. I hardly ever get anything different.

We are heading to the de Young Museum tomorrow, to check out the King Tut exhibit. I last saw it when I was in 5th grade. Riley will really enjoy it, and Quinn says he will, because, he's "really into Egypt stuff." I have already packed my good camera. Hopefully it won't rain. If it's not too nuts, and if our passes haven't expired, we may pop over to the Academy of Sciences. It's just across from the de Young.

I am watching Olympics, but I am bored out of my mind with it tonight. As much as I like the ice skating, I hate the exhibition skate. I'm watching to see the bobsledders, even though I already know who won, thanks to folks on the east coast who have already watched it, and then posted it on Facebook.

No comments: