Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sorry I Was Sleeping

I meant to do this post last night, but once we got home from the Blue and Gold dinner, I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up long enough to watch Apolo Ohno get screwed out of his medal. Sorry about that (the lack of post, and Apolo). Anyway, here it is, and if you are VERY good, I may post again tonight! This could be your lucky day.
This is the cake we made for the Blue and Gold Dinner, for the Scouts. Every year there's a Blue and Gold Dinner for the Cub Scouts. It's kind of a big deal. There's food, and entertainment, and Scouting is celelbrated. This year it was a bigger big deal, because it's the 100th year of Scouting. Now you understand the 100 on the cupcake cake.
There was another Scout leader, who told a story about how Scouts got started. He was really good. He had all of these props and called the boys up, and dressed them as their part. Riley was a knight. I think he quite enjoyed the sword.
See that mass of blue? That would be Quinn. He was wearing a Civil War hat, and a really big coat. He loved the hat.

The other entertainment of the night were square dancers. They demonstrated for us, and then we all got to square dance. Quinn asked me to dance, because Riley wouldn't. Riley did finally ask my mom to dance. It was pretty fun, I have to say. Both boys even had smiles on their faces too.

Happy Saturday! Perhaps I'll see you later.

No comments: