Thursday, February 4, 2010

He's a Big Man of 8

The big news around here today is that Quinn turned 8! He was so excited this morning, to go to school and pass out his goody bags. He was equally excited to go to Red Robin for dinner tonight with his brother, us and both sets of grandparents. He had a really great day. He's already looking forward to turning 9! Oh but first, the sleep over. Saturday night we will have his party. He's invited 6 boys to spend the night. It looks like only three of them will actually spend the night, which works out for us-he he he. The others coming are just staying for the party part, which is fine. I am not convinced that 7 year old boys are ready to sleep away from their families. Quinn does fine at grandma and grandpa's house, but he hasn't stayed at a friend's house yet. We'll see how it goes. He's super excited. The theme is Ben 10 Alien Force.
Opening a Wii game (Ben 10), at Red Robin. It's one that he picked out with his grandma yesterday, but he was told to act surprised. He did a fine job of that.
Opening presents at home. Here he's thrilled with his Playmobil killer whale.
Excited to open presents! This one is the set of Galactic Heroes he wanted so badly at Christmas.

Last but not least, the Playmobil Sphinx. It took me awhile to locate this one. As you can tell by the action shot, he was pretty thrilled with it.

8 years ago today, I went into labor early in the morning. This was our third trip to the hospital. The first two were false alarms-yeah he is the second child. I was admitted around 8 in the morning and labored, on my own, without drugs, for most of the day. The staff was keeping me pregnant so that my doctor could get there. She arrived, broke my water, said my contractions would pick up (she was NOT kidding), and he was born at 1:20 in the afternoon. I think he would have come much faster if they had broken my water in the morning. My mom was in the room with us, and she cut his cord. He was wide awake, looking at everyone. Cute as could be, all 7 lbs. of him, Quinn Michael Crossman. It was one of the three best days of my life.

No comments: