Saturday, September 25, 2010

Academy of Sciences-San Francisco

Kevin and I took the boys into the city today. We went to the Academy of Sciences in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park. We've been here before, but it's always really cool. This time we got to see the Planetarium show. It was cool, but it was so dark, and you sit in these recliner-like chairs, that I found it very hard to keep my eyes open. What I saw of it though, was really good. The museum was super crowded-actually, I think it's ALWAYS that crowded. You should have seen the line to get into the museum. We went early, so by time all of those people managed to get inside, we were on our way out.
I like this hanging tree mural.
We went inside the rainforest dome. There are all kinds of butterflies and birds flying around. I love the butterflies. They are so pretty.
The Academy of Sciences houses Claude, the albino alligator. He is super cool. That's a snapping alligator turtle with him.

We went up to the Living Roof. This roof reminds me of Teletubbies. Remember them? Riley was really into Teletubbies as a toddler. Quinn was more of a Wiggles fan.
This part is really Teletubbie-like.
From the roof, there's a great view of the De Young Museum. There's an observation deck at the top of that tower. That's a really cool view of the city.
Along the planetarium is the top of the big aquariums from the lower level. The Academy has an awesome aquarium.
After the Academy of Sciences, we headed over to Japantown. I had never been there. Don't you love this giant pagoda? It's in the Japantown Peace Plaza.
Here are the boys on Osaka Way, formerly Buchanan Street, in Japantown.

To see the rest of our pictures, CLICK HERE.

We had a great day. Both boys bought Super Mario stuffed animals. Japantown is full of stores with Pokemon, Super Mario, manga, etc. The Japanese have the BEST stuff ever! I didn't find any Blythe dolls though. I saw Dal, and Pullip, but not Blythe.

No comments: