Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another Weekend Bites the Dust

Man! Why is it that the weekends go so quickly? I go from that great Friday afternoon feeling, to the Sunday feeling of dread. At least I don't have yard duty at school this week, so I might be able to sit down at my desk. Today was an excellent day though. My first college roomate and her son visited us today. I had not seen her in years. It was so good to catch up! She only lives about 25 minutes from me, so we agreed to spend more time together. When they left, it was nap time-not because they wore me out, but because that seems to be my weekend norm!
Maya and I had a nice couch nap. Come to think of it, I had a nice couch nap yesterday too! Ahhh, the joys of working and getting the life sucked right out of me.
When I woke up, I finished sorting my beads.
All of those boxes fit nice and neatly into these two boxes. I love these boxes. I got them at Michael's, and I think I will get another one, because you know me and beads. Now that they are all sorted, perhaps I'll actually get some jewelry made.

I did some school work. With more kids, I have to take more home. I don't like it, but I am not getting it done at school. The first parent that complains about how long it's taking to get things back, is going to get an earful. I really hate to take stuff home. It interferes with MY family time. I still have lots of correcting to do, but I am hoping to pass some along to some of the parents who volunteered to do such a job. I like to do all of the correcting myself, so I can see mistakes being made, and help fix those, but this year, I have to let some of that go.


Riley cooked dinner for us tonight, for his science project. He had to find a family recipe, fix half of it the way it was intended, and the other half he had to make one change, or add one ingredient. He made BBQ chicken cups. They are super easy, and really quick. He replaced half of the recipe with pasta sauce, instead of BBQ sauce. All three of the boys liked it. I thought it was gross. I love me some BBQ sauce though.

BBQ chicken cups: I buy two packages of the cut, cooked, grilled chicken. I cut the pieces into cubes. Add the chicken and about 1 cup of BBQ sauce to a saucepan, and cook it until heated. It smells really really good. Place a refrigerated biscuit into a muffin tin. Fill with the chicken mixture. Bake for about 15 minutes or so, at about 350 degrees. Yum.

No comments: