Thursday, June 25, 2009

Adventure to Alaska, Day 3

Ok, so we totally overslept this morning. We had asked the lady at the hotel's front desk, about the traffic toward Portland. She suggested we leave around 9 am, when the traffic was clear. Done! We didn't wake up until then! Nobody can figure out what happened. Kevin set his alarm, but none of us heard it. Oh well, the traffic was nice and clear when we were finally Seattle bound at 10:30 am! It took us about 3 hours to get into Seattle. Our exit was closed from the freeway, so we had to go the round-a-bout way to our hotel. Good thing we have GPS!
The Space Needle! We didn't go up today, that's on deck for tomorrow's visit.
We did go into the Science Fiction Museum and the Music Experience Project-one fee gets you into both attractions! Isn't this cool? It actually plays music.

A longer view. I really like the looks of this. These two museums were pretty cool. The boys (all three of them) really liked the Science Fiction Museum. Lots of Star Wars and Star Trek. Boy heaven.

Word of the Day: Sad. Kevin told me this morning that Farrah Fawcett had received her last rites, and was probably going to die today. Later in the day, he confirmed that she had died. So sad. She fought her battle with cancer, really hard. I loved Charlie's Angels when I was a kid, and my brother had that famous poster. When we made it to Seattle, I texted my mom, while we were at the Music Experience, and she texted back that Michael Jackson had died. It seems really unreal. I can't say I was a fan of his. There was a time that I liked him. I can remember when Thriller came out, and my friend and I tried to learn the Thriller dance (from the video). Then, he got really creepy and weird, and did some really strange things. I don't believe he was innocent when it came to his dealings with little boys. I stopped listening to him on those grounds. Still, it's sad to think of such a pop icon, being dead, at such a young age. It's a lot like Elvis. Poor Michael. He never really had a childhood, he suffered abuse, and I don't think he ever found true happiness. He led a tragic life, he experienced a tragic death. It's really, really sad. I feel for his family and especially his kids. I hope both he and Farrah have finally found their peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know..I agree w/ what you said about MJ and like how you said it. I still isten to his music because it reminds me of childhood and makes me feel good..however I do think he was a sad figure. And I definitely feel very sorry for his children. I think that's what people forget when they say the crude jokes & make the pervert comments.. they are still children involved who lost a parent..the only parent they knew. That's tragic.