Friday, June 5, 2009

Talent Show!

Well, the talent show was tonight. Finally! Quinn had been waiting forever for it! He was so excited. The boys, Quinn, Zack and Ryan, rocked the place! They were a big hit! It was too funny. Kevin is going to work on the video, so I should have that ready for tomorrow's post. I did take some still pictures though. Oh, and their talent? They did a dance, similar to the Evolution of Dance video on YouTube. We chose some songs, Kevin put them all together for the boys, and then presto! Instant talent!
Here's the beginning. They stand in a little triangle while Def Leppard sings, "Gunter glieben glauchen globen." They then go into Rock It (Herbie Hancock), with some break dancing. The fun, and songs, continue from there.
I believe they are spinning to Dead or Alive, "You Spin Me Round." Like a record baby, right round round round.
They end with YMCA. They were excellent! So much fun to watch!
I found the elusive black shoes, sort of in my size. These are a 7. They'll do. A 6 1/2 would have been better, but these will work just fine. Now I have them in brown and black, and so does my friend, Valerie!

I made another coffee cozy. This one's for my mom. I haven't made me one yet! Perhaps tomorrow. I also need to sew my strips for my 6 week quilt, for the Quilt Along. It's already week 3!

Word of the Day: Tired. The training I went to this week was the best training I have attended! It was exhausting though. A lot to absorb. Two more kids from this horrible class, got removed again today. It made me realize just how nice, and well-behaved, my class is this year. I was feeling pretty good about my classroom management, and proud of them, but then I stopped by school on my way home. (Can you hear the screeching brakes?) Four of my lovelies are in BIG trouble on Monday. It seems they were very talkative and very silly. I don't tolerate misbehavior of any sort when I have a sub. I expect them to treat a substitute with the same respect they teach me. They know this. They also know that there could be trouble for them on Monday morning. Oh well, it was just talking. At least THEY weren't trying to stab the sub in the face with a pencil! Oh well, I still love them.

No comments: