Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Random Wednesday

One party down, one to go! The staff party was a success. I work with a very fun group of people. It was a very nice break from a rather challenging day. Remember when I told you what a sweet class I have? How well-behaved they are? Well today, I have to say, they tried my patience. I sent Wednesday Behavior Notices home with 4 of my students-good ones too! I know they are just excited for summer, but HOLY COW! Can I just get through a lesson, or directions, without having to redirect? I have little patience. Plus I was pissed off after being hit in the back of my head with a playground ball. It hurt! I was minding my own business, doing my yard duty, in my hiding place (which by the way is right out in full view, but I noticed if I stand just outside of the tetherball range, those kids don't come to me and tattle-BRILLIANT). I got nailed. It came out of nowhere. Made my head hurt. The boys who kicked it were very apologetic. Anyway, I had a glass of wine at the party, and now I am refreshed. Ready to go back tomorrow, and enjoy the last 5 days with my sweet, but making bad choices these days, little class.
Quinn made his bed this morning. I love how he makes his bed. It's different every time.
This is Riley's rocket. He had to make it for Science. They launched them today. Riley was pretty happy with his as it did not break into a million pieces upon landing.

I am making some yummies from these books, for my Southern Living party tomorrow night. I also have lots of wine, and tonight I bought those Sangria wine coolers. I love those, and the Blue Hawaiian ones, oh and also the Pina Colada, um and maybe also the Strawberry Daquiri, and let's not forget the Margarita ones! Maybe I like them all.

Word of the Day: Poop! (that's the "PG" version of what I wanted to say) I got a call from the boys' school today, as my students were leaving. Quinn was in the office crying his little eyeballs out because he had a headache (I don't think he realized that might have made it worse). They said they were going to take his temperature, but that maybe he should just go home, as he was so unhappy. He's not usually a drama king, so it really was out of character. He had those ladies in the office, hopping. He's not an "Office Frequent Flyer," as some kids are. I went to pick him up, and guess what?! He had a temperature of 100.5. WTF? Guess what that means? He CAN'T GO TO SCHOOL tomorrow-the child must be fever free for 24 hours. Crap. I want this bug thing to get out of my kid! He's never sick, and this year, he's missed so much school! We came home, I tylenoled him up, and he's been happy as a clam-and fever free mind you-all afternoon. Is it possible that he could have raised his body temp by crying like an banshee? Kevin is staying home with him tomorrow. I just have wayyyyyy too much to do at school. He only has to hang on for 5 more days. Crazy times here in the Crossman house!

No comments: