Monday, June 1, 2009

Float, Apple Pie and Strips

Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States of America...
...is riding on Riley's Illinois float. He's wired to the lid. I want him back. I don't want him to be the souvenir of some punk kid. I'm selfish like that. Did you know that popcorn is the official snack food of the state of Illinois? Yep. Do you see the Sears Tower? It's a pencil sharpener. There's corn, and pennies, a postcard my friend, Valerie, sent my class a couple years ago for a Flat Stanley project, violets, monarch butterflies, a really BIG cardinal (all state emblems), and of course, Indiana Jones. You may be wondering about him He's there representing Harrison Ford who was born in Illinois-there isn't a Harrison Ford action figure. He's wired down too. Riley wants him back. The bird is also wired down.
Side of the float. Chicago pizza! More pennies. Oh and there's also a state flag.
The other side of the box. Monarch butterflies are the state's official insect. That big butterfly is a magnet, so is Abe.
Yummmy! My MIL made these for us. They are quite tasty. We got her the mold, filling, and pie crust mixture for Mother's Day. We were supposed to have dinner at their house Sunday night, in which she was going to make these for dessert, but Quinn's flu bug put an end to that. They came by our house yesterday, and delivered the pies to us. What service! I'm not sure we are sharing them with the boys. They are really good.

I cut my strips for the Quilt Along. Maybe I'll show you the pictures, tomorrow, of the handy dandy strip-cutter-mat-thingy my MIL let me borrow. It's pretty cool, and made cutting the strips really easy. Apparently, week 3 started today, in the Quilt Along. I am not ready to sew them yet. I like looking at them like this. Hopefully I can sew them this weekend, when I have enough time to think about it.

Word of the Day: Better. Quinn is feeling much better. He's talking now, and he's off the couch, playing with his Pixar Cars, on the floor. He couldn't go to his last baseball game tonight, but he's good to go to school tomorrow. Yay! I hate the flu.

No comments: