Monday, June 8, 2009

Wine, Hair Care and Shopping

I feel like a brand new me! I had a cut and color today. Ahhhh. I love a haircut! My BFF, Kristi, had the appointment after mine, so we went to dinner after becoming (?) beautiful. We ate at the Chaat Cafe. I also love me some Malai Kofta! Before going home, I stopped at Cost Plus for some wine for my Southern Living party this Thursday. Who is coming? If you are local-or not-please come. I got wine!!! It will be fun, fun, fun! I got home just in time to get the boys into bed for the evening. I felt kinda guilty because I did not see a bunch of them this afternoon/evening, but then again, they have me all summer. All.Day.Long.All.Summer. Fighting over the Wii. No seriously, they are good boys, and I enjoy them. We have fun together.
Here's the wine I came away with: Cupcake Vineyards, Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon, and also a Pinot Grigio from the Cavit Collection (little pinky to my mouth, shaking head). I bought the first two because a Facebook friend referred me, and I like the name. You all KNOW how I feel about cupcakes. If you don't, then, I only LOVE them. The Pinot Grigio I bought cuz it was cheap. I know nothing about wine except I like it. Do I chill any of these? Do we drink them all at room temp? I'm CLUELESS here!  
New shampoo for my hair. I wish you could smell it. Smells like summer... Squirrel! Sorry, ever since I had a conversation with a fellow teacher today, about the movie, UP, I have been saying that. See the movie. You will get it. It's quite comical...Squirrel!

Since I was so busy, Kevin sent Quinn to the grocery store. See the little man doing the shopping. He's got the milk, fruit and fabric softener (sorry for the Home Alone reference-I'm on a ROLL). Seriously, Kevin did the shopping. Quinn just wanted to push the cart. Not an easy task if you are Quinn sized. He'll be in 2nd grade in the fall people. See how tiny he is? He could still fit in the front of the cart!

Word of the Day: School. Back to school I went. It was good to be back with my own, well-behaved (or mostly) class. I think they missed me too. We tried a few things from my training. They liked it. I liked it. Everybody's happy. I do have the dreaded tetherball duty for yard duty this week, BUT, it's my last week of duty this school year! Happy days!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love to get my hair done too, and love Bumble and Bumble... all their stuff smells yummy and the styling creme is the BOMB!

Susanne said...

I adore Bumble and Bumble products. good stuff.