Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Crafty Wednesday

It is Wednesday, right? Not teaching has my days all mixed up. I went to day 2 of training. Oh man am I glad I have such a nice class! One of the little kids, a teeny tiny GIRL, got herself removed from the class for the rest of today, and tomorrow. In fact, I think she was sent home for the two days, suspended. She wouldn't stop hitting a boy's hand, and I guess she tried to stab her teacher in the face with a pencil last week. This is quite a little group of kids, OMG. I'll be happy to return to the peacefulness of my little group. Anyway, so after the training, I returned to school for the Volunteer Tea. I had moms going, and I wanted to be there to thank them for all they have done for me, and for the class, this school year. While I was there, I checked on things in the classroom, and I wrote a little message to my students on the white board, telling them I miss them. It is certainly true. I am very fortunate.
When I got home today, I finished a couple of projects. I made this. Do you know what it is? Maybe this next picture will help...
Do you know now? It's a coffee cozy! A REUSABLE coffee cozy. I followed, sort of, a tutorial I found on the internet.
Isn't it cute? I had to rush right out to Starbucks for an apple chai, just so I could try out the cozy. I needed to know where to sew the button anyway, so it's not like I went out of my way. Plus, there's a Starbucks within walking distance of my house. AND, the grande cup makes a good model for the cozy, for the pictures, you know. I'm making some more of these little cozies. This one's for my friend, Valerie. I'm mailing it off tomorrow with the shoes I found for her-we have been searching for the same shoes, at Target. I am looking for black, and she was looking for brown. I found her size, so I grabbed them up for her. The hunt is still on for black ones in my size.
I also made this guy, a sockbunny. He came as a DIY kit. I bought it from Etsy, along with a sockdog, and a sockcat, for the boys. This guy is for Quinn's pal, Zack, for his birthday. Don't nobody tell him, nobody. I wrote that poor grammer myself, on purpose. It was really hard for me to leave it there, and not correct it. Ever the teacher.

Word of the Day: Rain. In the middle of the night, at dark o'clock, the pouring rain woke me up. It was so loud. It's JUNE! We just don't get that kind of rain in the summer months in CA. Damn global warming! So after the pouring rain in the wee hours of the morning, it didn't rain for the rest of the day, and it was actually nice outside. The news was warning about thunder storms tonight. I am not sure if that came to pass or not-I didn't hear anything. 

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I LOVE my new coffe cozy! Too bad I spoiled the suprise by reading your blog! I am checking a different Target for your shoes tomorrow... keep your fingers crossed. I wore mine yesterday and a lady asked me if I get them at Nordstrom... lol- When I said Target she said she was going to go there right away!!

Sheri said...

Hmmm..okay girls...post a picture of these shoes....

Love the coffee cozy and bunny....I have a little cozy in my wallet..but, i love the button! Does it use a lot of fabric? I have a ton of scraps...

I'm googling for the pattern now!