Monday, June 15, 2009

Kirby, Report Cards and a Face Without Eyes

I made Quinn's day today, with a small purchase from Amazon.com.
Kirby arrived today. Quinn is fascinated with Kirby. He's from a video game, and Quinn draws him all the time. He is a huge Kirby fan. I was searching for a DS game with Kirby, when I noticed that Amazon had recommendations for me. This Kirby was one of them. Of course I knew Quinn had to have him, so I ordered him, and a Pokemon book for Riley, and another Black Eyed Peas CD for me.
Can you see the pure joy in his face? I had him close his eyes and I held it out. You should have seen the look on his face. He squealed with delight and told me "You're the best mommy in the world!" and I got a big hug too. He's pretty easy to please. He did hang onto this guy all night, and he's sleeping with him too. I have a feeling Kirby will be going on vacation with us.
These babies are finished! I completed all of my report cards yesterday. Today I added the attendance, separated them, put one copy in an envelope to go home on Wednesday, and filed the other. DONE! Feels good too!

Here's a doll in progress. I was hoping to finish her, but I had some trouble with her damn arms, so I had to redo them. I'll get her stuffed tonight, and her face sewn on tomorrow. She's for a friend's grand baby.

Word for the Day: Quick. Today went by so quickly! We had a field trip this morning, to the Peace Pavilion. It's a great place! Of course, I was not too happy that I had to talk to one of my girls, about being nice, at the PEACE PAVILION! Jeez! We got back to school just as lunch was starting. We had early release too. I plugged the kids into "Fern Gully," so I could get some more stuff packed up. Only one of my students has seen the movie. The rest of the afternoon I worked in my classroom, then came home and sewed.

No comments: