Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost!

There are only 11 days left in the school year. I only have to teach 8 of those! I am finishing my GLAD training this week. It's 4 days of classroom observation, at a different school, while my student teacher holds down the fort in my classroom. I miss my class already. Do you know how boring it is to watch someone else teach? Yeah, pretty boring. Don't get me wrong, the teacher is really good. She's good with the kids (even though this is QUITE a challenging class), she's animated, she's quick, she has control. There's nothing wrong at all with her teaching. It's just that when you are used to doing the teaching, it's kind of boring when you are NOT doing the teaching. It's also hard to not get involved with the kids. There was one in particular that I wanted to...um, redirect. The strategies for this program are incredible though, and I look forward to using them to better my teaching. Other than that, it was a rather slow day.
Quinn ain't afraid of no ghost! He went to school today (yay)! It was a quick flu-Thank you very much! Oh, and yes, Quinn does have facial hair. He's just so mature for his age.
He has a moustache and a goatee. JJ, at Adventure Time, painted it on for him. He's oh so handsome. I wonder if this is how he's going to his school's Open house tonight?
This is the strip-cutter-thingy I told you about yesterday. My MIL let me borrow it. It is square, with measurements on it, and slits to slide the rotary cutter between.

Easy peasy! Perfect! I changed the blade on my rotary cutter too, and OH MY what a difference! I feel like I should change the blade every day! It cuts through 4 layers, in one run! Awesome!

Word of the Day: Project. Alas, we have one last project to do. Quinn's teacher sent home a lesson plan planning sheet. He is to teach his class something. It actually will be quite fun, and I don't think it will be that bad. Quinn is a HUGE fan of Kirby (he's from a video game), so he plans on teaching his class how to draw Kirby. Easy. He draws tons of Kirby pictures. I think he'll be good at teaching it too. He's quite a good drawer, and it's something he loves to do.

No comments: