Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventure to Alaska, Day 2

We headed to Portland, Oregon this morning. We couldn't think of anything we wanted to do in Medford, or Eugene (where we had planned to spend tonight), so we opted to head to Portland. We stopped in Winston, and visited the "Wildlife Safari." It was very cool. You drive your car through, and there are all kinds of animals, free roaming. The don't let the bears roam free though, like last summer, but that was ok.
I love this picture! Kevin took it. "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear." See that big buffalo back there? Cool huh?
Look how cute this giraffe is! I just love these animals. They are my favorite.
Let me in, let me in!
Camels. Look at that hair! It's in the process of falling out, for summer. It was all over the place.

Two gangsters riding the train-or do they plan to hold it up? Hmmm. By the way, if you want to see more pictures from our adventure today, GO HERE.

Word of the Day: Shopping! After the safari, and once we made it to Portland (or rather, a suburb of Portland), we did some shopping at Bridgeport Village. You have got to love the fact that Oregon does not have any sales tax-or at least I love that! I did a little shopping at Anthropologie. Oh, and we ate dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. I love their "two in a bowl." It's a choice of two soups in one bowl. I had asparagus soup and a chicken tortilla. Yum.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Oh Julie! I knew I liked you....gone for TWO days and you hit TWO malls (in TWO states!) Sounds like you trained your boys well also!