Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Smart Stuff

I am having two parties this week, one on Wednesday, for my school staff, and the other on Thursday, a Southern Living party. I must be insane. Oh well, the house will already be clean on Thursday, as I am crazily cleaning-well not right now, because obviously, I am on the computer. I had to update my blog. My reader (s?) NEED me. Anyway, I enjoy having people over. It's fun. I like the sounds of people having fun. 
Check these out! While at Cost Plus yesterday, buying 3 bottles of wine, I found these! When Kevin and I went to London in 2005, I discovered these. They are the English version of the M&M, but they don't taste like them at all. I still like them though. I found them again last summer, in Canada. So imagine how happy I was to find them at Cost Plus! I bought three packages. You can guess where the third package is, can't you?
So last weekend, both boys cleaned their rooms. Really, really clean. This is Quinn's today. Playmobil explosion. He kept taking out more and then saying, "I love my Playmobil." He certainly does. I love that he loves his Playmobil. 

The castle is filled with wild, exotic animals. I think he's still creating.

Word of the Day: Bounce! Thanks to my friend, Johanna, I made bouncy balls with half of my students today. Don't worry, the rest will get to do theirs tomorrow. I'm not THAT mean. Anyway, she bought these little kits, which make two balls, at the Math/Science Nucleus, and had her own two boys make them. She posted about it on her blog. It sounded very interesting. My mom was on a field trip at the Math/Science Nucleus, last Friday. I asked her to pick up some for my class, which she did. We made them today, and all I can say it "Wowie, wow, wow" was that ever fun! The kids LOVED it. I LOVED it. I have a couple left over, so I'm going to have my boys make some. I'll try to post a picture of them tomorrow-the ones the kids do. Very very cool. 

1 comment:

Just Joey said...

That is so cool that you made the balls with your class! Your boys will love them too - every day my boys ask me if they can make another one!