Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, Sunday

I had really planned on getting more done today then I did. Oh well. We had fun. We went to see UP. It's a really great movie! I loved it, well what I could HEAR of it, I loved. It was quite the noisy crowd today. I understand it's a kid movie. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I can forgive the very loud toddler who kept shouting out, and then said, "I hurt" over and over and over and over. The ten year old-plus, kid behind us was another story entirely. He talked through the whole movie, loudly, and his dumb mother answered him, every time. She never once told him to be quiet. Meanwhile, we were having fits with Riley who was slurping the last drops of his ICEE. I turned around at one point and asked the talker to stop talking. He said, "oh sorry," and was quiet for about 10 minutes. Then he whispered (still loudly) to his mother. I feel like I need to go back and see it again. Too many distractions. It sucks too, because you pay so much to go to the movies, and the crowd can wreck it. After that, we went to Lowe's for some plants for the backyard, and for my planters in the front yard.
This is the before picture of our pit of a backyard. The soil is horrible, and not much grows very well. We are trying again. We'll see.
After. Much better. There's jasmine, society garlic, and hibiscus. It's an improvement. Not much, but some.
Here are my planters in the front of the house. Impatiens. I love impatiens. They like this spot, and usually last all year. They completely died this winter, but I'm pretty sure that was my fault. They do require water, and they don't do very well without it. They look OK right now, but will be huge very soon.
I finished another pair of booties tonight. I ironed a flower onto the onesie. It mostly matches, or rather "goes," that's what Clinton and Stacy would say from What Not To Wear.

These are the other booties I made. I also did the little onesie-it's material, fused to a onesie. I then sewed around the heart, for stability. It was a real pain. Babies are little, so is the onesie. I had to keep the back of it out of the way while I sewed. A bit tricky. These are going off to my colleagues new grand daughter, born June 1.

Word of the Day: TLC. (that's not a word) I watched a very interesting show tonight on TLC. It was about the world's tallest children. One 13 year old was nearly 8 feet tall! I found it to be very interesting. I was trying to imagine Quinn, who is just 40 inches tall, and where he would measure up, next to someone of almost 8 feet.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

too funny...I saw a part of that show...that poor family with the two boys and girl...and the boys eat non-stop...did I read the food bill conversion correctly? $400 a week???? (I didn't have my glasses on....)