Friday, May 7, 2010

An Early Mother's Day

As soon as both boys were home from school this afternoon, they broke out their Mother's Day gifts for me. I tried getting them to wait, but they wouldn't have anything to do with that, so what's a girl to do, but OPEN PRESENTS!! Yay!
Riley painted me a flower pot. He was afraid he would break it if he saved it until Sunday, and he thought he used too much red. I assured him there was no such thing as too much red, and had he seen our couches? They are red. The pot is perfect. I will look for the perfect plant for it. I love it!
Quinn made me a sunflower plant with a picture of him in the center, and this hanging plant. Isn't this cute? I have to ask his teacher how she did it. He weaved the basket too! Clever!
This is the card Quinn made for me. Cute elephant huh?
There were a few layers to it, like this one-I am his "favrite pursin" in the family. Don't tell his dad that, but then again, perhaps Kevin will get the same kind of message on Father's Day.

And now for my favorite part of the card....

Can you read what that says? Quinn loves me MORE than a HOT GLUE GUN!! Ah, he has the crafty gene in him! He-and we-all know how much someone can DO with a glue gun! I love it. I also love that it looks like I am the Queen of Hearts in his drawing.

I swear these boys of mine are priceless! I love them to pieces! I am the luckiest mom ever.

My students took their presents home today too, for their moms. I wonder how many of them made their moms open them? They were really cute gifts too! I'll post pictures of that on Sunday. I don't want to ruin any surprises-if surprises were allowed.

No comments: