Monday, July 6, 2009

Buried in Laundry

I have done about 5 loads of laundry today, but I still have at least 4 to go! It's taking forever. In addition, I am trying to unpack for 3 of us. I hate unpacking. Last of all, I went to pick up my Southern Living order, and there are currently 5 HUGE boxes in my living room, waiting to be sorted. Oh well. It will get done. Anyway, Here are some pictures from Skagway, Alaska. We visited there on Day 4 of the cruise.
We had an excursion in Skagway. We rode the Whitepass Rail up the mountain, got off in Fraser, Canada. We boarded a bus there and went to Caribou Crossing, in the Canadian Yukon. We had BBQ lunch, then boarded the bus back to Skagway. We stopped in the little town of Carcross, on the way back. This picture is of the boys, aboard the train. The scenery from the high rails of the train was spectacular!
The Yukon sign.
At Caribou Crossing. Quinn is heading out to hike the wilderness of the mighty Yukon.
Back from the excursion, we had time to explore the little town. Here are the boys, in front of a train...YIKES!

This is a zoomed in view of Skagway, from the ship. It was a cute little town. If you want to see more pictures from Skagway, GO HERE.

Word of the Day: Sleep. We all got to sleep in our own beds! It was fabulous. I slept until 10:00! I had not done that for almost two weeks! It was nice. Hoping to do the same tomorrow.

No comments: