Monday, July 13, 2009

We Went to the Zoo!

The boys and I set out this morning for the San Francisco Zoo. We really love this zoo. It was a beautiful day in SF too! My car thermometer said it was 77 degrees outside! We could wear short sleeves, very comfortably. It was awesome! We saw the baby gorilla-so cute and little! If you want to see the rest of my pictures, GO HERE.
The boys love to have their picture taken in this spot, so that they look like zoo workers. The SF Zoo has a really cool program where young kids-middle school age or a little older, work at the zoo. Some get to handle some of the smaller animals for zoo patrons, and give information about the animal and answer questions. If we lived closer, I would totally look into it for Riley.
Look at this! Isn't this the cutest kitty you have ever seen? Looks like he wants his belly scratched. The boys wouldn't volunteer for that job. I guess I can't blame them.
The boys also love this little elephant statue. The SF Zoo doesn't have elephants anymore, but the statue is really cute.
Who is this mysterious monkey boy?

After the zoo, we went to San Francisco State University, my old alma matter. I wanted to show the kids around. It looks completely different now. Buildings have been added, and many are in the process of being renovated. We saw these SFSU Gators in the window of the bookstore. We all thought they were really cute.

Word of the Day: Reading. I am almost finished with My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult. It's really good! I so needed a good book. I read the Julie and Julia book, but it was only ok. In fact several books I have read lately, have only been so-so. I really needed a good one, and My Sister's Keeper is delivering. I plan to read Dead Until Dark, by Charlaine Harris-it's the first Sookie Stackhouse book. I've had so many people tell me how great it is, and how they love True Blood (on Showtime/HBO?), so I decided to give it a try. I am rather excited about it. By the way, I know book titles should be underlined, but it does not appear that I have that function on this blog. Just so you know.

2 comments:

Raque S said...

i wanna see that baby gorilla!

Sheri said...

I am almost done with "My Sister's Keeper"...I love the book....did you see the movie? My friend told me that the ending is drastically different...but, she won't tell me which ending she likes better...