Sunday, July 5, 2009

We are HOME!

So we are finally home! It was a really long driving day. We were not going to be home until tomorrow, but when we got to Portland last night, we decided that we wanted to be home, so we drove all the way today. It took us almost 11 hours. We are all happy to be home, and that we'll be sleeping in our own, NON ROCKING beds. I am still sorting the pictures. I have to upload them to Flickr, and I think I have some still on my cameras. I will work on that tomorrow, along with the laundry and unpacking. Why is it no fun at all to unpack? It sucks actually. Anyway, I have LOTS of pictures. Here are some of the room, in case you wanted to see that.
The boys in their bunk beds. These two beds came out of the ceiling. Our room steward, Garry, would put the beds down, ready our bed, leave chocolates on all of the pillows, and have the room all ready for bed-reading lights on, drapes shut, when we got back from dinner, every night. I will miss that.
Here's what the room looked like when we came back from dinner. Kevin and I slept on the bottom, and the ladders went to Riley and Quinn's beds. The chocolate seems to be missing. I think I see the culprit back there. Quinn LOVED the fact that Garry left chocolate on his pillow EVERY night.
The boys on our balcony. We got upgraded. We paid for a room with just a window, but the day before we sailed, the cruiseline called and told us of the upgrade. It was AWESOME! If you go on the Alaska cruise, make sure you 1. Do Princess (they are the best) and 2. Purchase the balcony room-it is soooo worth it.
Our "day" room. The beds are back in the ceiling. It was kind of hard to move around, with them down. Oh, and did I mention that we didn't see dark until we got to Victoria? Alaska has sunlight most of the day/night in the summer. It was freaky weird. Sun would set near 10 pm, but it wouldn't really get pitch black. The sun would come up near 4 am.

The view down from our balcony.

Word of the Day: Home. There's no place like home. Tune in tomorrow for more Alaska pictures, and links to even more Alaska pictures!

1 comment:

Raque S said...

Chocolate on your pillow is dreamy!