Sunday, July 26, 2009

No Doubt

So yesterday was a busy day. Quinn and I drove home from Disneyland, and Riley returned from camp. It just so happened that we all had tickets to see No Doubt at Shoreline, last night as well, so we packed our two sleepy boys into the car, and away we went. No Doubt were awesome, just awesome! Gwen Stefani has such stage presence, and it was great to see the band back together. They sounded great, and the boys were very interested in the happenings, especially the drummer, in his tighty whities.
Look at Gwen's abs! She's had two kids! Pretty impressive huh? Oh, and no, I didn't take this picture. I stole it from Kevin who stole it from some site. But look at those abs!!! She really looked like this too! I'm totally jealous.
The opening of the show. Isn't that cool? One by one they walked up until their shadow showed. They stood there for a little while, until the curtain dropped, revealing the real deal. Awesome! Kevin took this picture. I am excellent at stealing pictures.
Riley, looking sleepy, waiting for Paramore (one of two opening bands) to end, and No Doubt to begin. It was very loud. Both boys wore their hoods, which I guess blocked out some of the noise?
We got Riley a shirt. Isn't that so cute? It has the dates of the tour on the back.

Quinn and Riley and about 20,000 of their closest friends-stole that line, and the picture, from Kevin. This is the lawn area at Shoreline. We had seats, luckily. It was a sold out show. It was crazy crowded. We left before the encore, which was an excellent decision as it would have been so hard to keep track of them with the leaving crowd. People just were not looking for smaller people, and Quinn almost got stepped on a few times. Now if only U2 would include San Francisco on their current tour, we can all do this again!

Word of the Day: Sleepy. I was up and out of the house early this morning. I went with my parents to the Walmart Supercenter, in Gilroy, to shop for the RV trip. It's about 45 minutes away. On the way home, we observed all of the traffic going southbound-they were heading to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. The traffic was horrible. I have never been to the garlic festival myself, so I can't really say that the traffic would have been worth it. Anyway, when I got home, I pretty much slept on the couch for the rest of the day, ignoring the laundry I have to do, and the packing as well.

1 comment:

reese said...

Aww, i wish I was there. I just love No doubt.

Look at those abs!! Gwen was in a really great shape. Looking at the first photo makes me wonder if she wore any undies at all?? :D

Great review!